Saturday, August 25, 2012

Welcome to Turkey, Istanbul!!! & Turkey in Turkey

Some of you may have noticed that quite a few of us bloggers have said "Turkey, Istanbul" rather than "Istanbul, Turkey." I realized I might need to explain this for all of you. This realization was made apparent to me while having a conversation over Skype with my mother. She asked me why I kept doing that because she thought it was odd. She had hypothesized that maybe everyone in Turkey switched it that way. I laughed and explained that we actually have a nice landlord who is, well, I'll just use the psychology version of "interesting," meaning he is quite the character. Ever since the first day we arrived he has been very nice to us. Whenever we sit on the terrace of our apartments, he offers us tea and coffee. He also often offers us bread, fruit, salads, etc. Nearly every day that we have seen him he has said, "Welcome to Turkey, Istanbul!" We do not know why he says it this way. We have not heard anyone else say it this way, but that is what he does. Thus, it has kind of become an inside joke between us. So there you have it! For anyone who was wondering, now you know.


Oh! And by the way, I finally had turkey in Turkey yesterday! Ron, Alisha, and I made turkey and egg open-faced sandwichs. (In all honesty, Alisha made the sandwichs, which were amazing!) The turkey was a little pricey, but it was worth it. We also had tomatos, Ruffles chips, and Coca-Cola with our meal. It was very good. Not to mention, we can finally say that we had turkey in Turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment